Thursday 5 July 2012

Time

A week ago I started writing a post on the Tab. I was tired and it was laborious, and when I was getting home I was cracking on with a mix of decorating, cooking and trying to stay on top of the mess. Needless to say the post on the Tab is now irrelevant, and the only use I had from it would be loosening the keys on the associated Bluetooth keyboard. This demonstrates several things.

  1. Keep posts short and bang then out same day, or don’t make them day/week specific unless you are going to date the sections in the post… as some sensible people do.
  2. If you’re writing a column piece then don’t get bogged down in specific days or weeks unless you're making a point; see point 1.
  3. When we finally get on the road we need to be on top of this process or it will be pointless having a blog and remember points 1 and 2.
It’s been tough these last few weeks. Time that precious commodity that cannot be begged, bought or bargained for slips through the fingers like a zero viscosity fluid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfluid if you’re interested... which I am… patently); which brings me round to summarizing where we think we are today.

We have a room that is a sanding and final undercoat away from final paint, then a radiator away from laying a floor, and a floor away from moving to other rooms that need freshening up.

We think cautiously that we will be able to put the place up for sale by the end of this month… And then like an atheist in a foxhole I shall say a prayer to whatever power controls the whims of fate (in this example represented by estate agents), and hope we sell relatively quickly. And then we have matters of temporary accommodation to deal with… and I still really haven’t done much of what I’d call the logistical planning of our actual trip. Which is a pain in the arse, because the last thing I want to do is wing it when we get out on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...